Thursday, July 21, 2011

Card Sketch And A Tag Sale Find


This week sketch at Let's Scrap is a Card Sketch. Once again Debby has come up with a fabulous sketch.  I used some Crate Paper, Lily Bee and Echo Park from a Noel Mignon Kit. Oh and did you notice? I finally got a spikey flower thingy!! I found 3 of them on Etsy and they arrived just in time to use for my card.

 Kelsey and I went to the post office the other day. There was a tag sale practically in the parking lot and look what we found. Cool old tin right? That's what I thought. I'm not sure why but it reminded me of my Aunt Jean. I can only assume she had something similar, maybe my cousin kept some dolls in one? I'm just not sure.
Anyway that is what drew me in. LOL  I picked it up thinking I would just check it out and try to place the memory.  Well the memory never fully emerged but I did come to another realization. This tin wasn't empty! Hmmmm what's in there? Should we open it? Please don't be old fruitcake.
Nope. Not fruitcake. It's full of vintage buttons. WooHoo. All for a dollar, yes that's right a single green back and the tin, the faded memory of playing at my Aunt's and all the buttons were mine!! There are some other little things in there that I should of zoomed in on. A tiny whistle, a phone.....were these to sew on someones bobby socks?



Have a great day!

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness.....you are making me think that maybe I COULD go to a garage/yard/flea market sale and find something useful!!! All those glorious buttons! You lucky gal, you!

Betty Anne said...

You sure got a great deal at the tag sale Marie, can't wait to see some of these great buttons on a layout.

Allison Rankin said...

These two creations are so fab and on trend (esp. with the Crate Paper...luv it!). And I need to hit some sales now...great find!

Theresa said...

Wonderful card. love the banner on it. and great button find. I've been scoping some out on etsy. love buttons. =)